In my short time blogging (it still blows my mind its only been about 3 months…I have learned an insane amount of new knowledge in that time!), I have noticed that a TON of bloggers do some sort of weekly round-up. I’m talking “What I’m Loving Wednesday,” “Friday Favorites,” “Style Sundays,” the list of weekday alliterations goes on and on! Basically, they are a curated list of what has really caught that blogger’s eye during the week. These can be anything. Clothes, recipes, articles, GIFs, TV shows, you name it! So, I figured it was high time I started such a list myself. So here we have it, my inaugural Wednesday Web Wanderings!
I’d love to hear what ya’ll think! Do you guys like these sort of lists? I know I personally love them, my favorite being the weekly “Let it be Sunday” posts by Joy the Baker, which are always fascinating and a welcome indicator that alliteration is not, in fact, a prerequisite to writing one of these bad boys haha!
- This pink skirt in the picture above is currently my go-to! I am planning a full style post on it soon, so get ready!! So comfortable, so swirly, and long enough that I can sit cross legged still while studying (this is hugely important for a study squirmer like me!) I may just need to go back for the black one too haha!
- This recipe for blackberry cabernet granita! Have you guys ever tried to Ciao Bella flavor Blackberry Cabernet? It’s mind-blowing. This seems like the perfect way to capture that at home without an ice cream maker. Key for 20 somethings like me, because really, who has an ice cream maker?
- This dress for 10 DOLLARS on pre-order!! This flowy dress is just begging me to run barefoot in the cool grass on a summer evening. It looks beyond comfortable and also would be super cute on July 4th. Its on my short list of must-buys.
- A popsicle mold is the next kitchen gadget I have my eyes on. Necessary? Absolutely not. Would I use it? Endlessly. Ice cold foods have been my weakness recently…if there is an upcoming fruit popsicle shortage, all eyes are on me. I don’t know what it is. I haven’t always been like this, but I am just going with it since there are a lot of healthy options out there. I have my sights set on breakfast pops with greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and maybe even a little granola. These look dreamy. Hello, bressert!! (that’s breakfast dessert in case you didn’t catch it)
- I am in the (highly stressful) process of trying to nail down a place to live next year! I am moving from Chapel Hill to Raleigh and am on a budget so the options are slim when you consider that we want to be close to downtown and in a safe area! I am in love with this places pet policy….the fee is waived if you have a shelter dog! So sweet and definitely something more places should consider. Puppy love for all!
- Does anyone else hate EliteDaily? I loathe seeing lists on my newsfeed that declare things like “There are only 2 types of girls in the world: red wine drinkers and white wine drinkers.” Nope. I’m gonna stop you right there, because you’re obviously wrong. This girl feels my pain. Fair warning…some things on this list are a little NSFW, but I couldn’t resist the sentiment and we’re all adults here. I. Hate. Elite. Daily.
- According to Buzzfeed, I need to plan a re-read of Harry Potter. I can’t think of much I’d rather do. I am very disappointed in myself for missing three of these though…Can you remember which book each chapter illustration comes from?? I’ll be in a nursing home before I stop taking Harry Potter quizzes on Buzzfeed. #Potterhead4lyfe
I hope some of these random links that caught my eye catch yours too! Let me know what you like!