Another week on the books! Having a post that I write weekly makes time feel like it’s flying…I’m fairly certain it was only yesterday I was mindlessly browsing the internet in the name of “research” to write last week’s post. Sometimes blogging is so hard…
This past weekend I was away with some of my best college friends (we missed you, Maggie!) at my parent’s mountain house, so the weekend breezed by in the best way possible. If you follow me on Instagram or snapchat (@tanneliese91) you probably already knew that. You also probably have already seen this post’s feature image! I am already looking forward to when I’ll get to see them all next! Since I’ve been back, nothing too notable has happened. Just same old, same old form of legalized torture known as bar prep. That’s not to say I haven’t kicked back at all to find some (I think) awesome links to share with ya’ll!
So here it is, the highly anticipated collection of all my favorite finds and reads that the internet served up this week. I hope it serves as a mid-week pick-me-up…I am fairly certain that it is impossible not to at least giggle during the Amy Shcumer clip I’m sharing!
- By far my favorite thing I read this week was this father’s letter to his kid’s school principle about their school absences. When I was younger, my parents took my brother and I out of school for a week to go to Paris. I remember my mom telling me that she thought travel could teach you far more than any school lesson. Not to downplay the importance of school, but I wholeheartedly agree. I often tell people that one of my favorite things about my parents is that they placed such a high value on travel and making sure my brother and I saw as much of the world as they could afford to show us. I can’t say I remember anything I learned in school that year, but I still vividly remember the trip to Paris, and I remember a good deal of the educational things I learned while we we’re there. I also got a sense early on that there are many ways that life can be led beyond what I saw in my day to day life. I’ll stop before I get too preachy, but I loved reading this letter so much. (P.S. Thank you Mom and Dad!)
- To change gears to a much more lighthearted topic, I saw a dish towel this weekend at a store in Black Mountain, NC, and have been suffering from the dreaded “why did I not buy that remorse” ever since. I found it here online, but sadly, I really only want the “It’s all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone” towel, not the set. Also, you know you’re getting old when you’re lusting after dish towels.
- THE clip that is sure to make you crack a smile, and probably laugh out loud. I have never really watched Amy Schumer’s comedy, but I saw the trailer for her new movie Trainwreck, and I really want to see it! I searched for some clips of her comedy at the gym the other day and found this gem. I watched it on the elliptical and was the crazy girl cracking up to herself.
- I am a crazy dog lady til I die, so I love reading anything that proves Dexter loves me as much as I like to think. This article may be about a small study, but it certainly made me smile. I definitely think Dex would snub someone for me. I would certainly snub someone for him!
- Usually, I don’t think I’m that big of a fan of modern furniture, but ever since I saw these, I have been having dreams of pulling them up to my kitchen table. I am in love. My mom suggested paining a wood table that she has in chalkboard paint so that it was a matte black for Danny and I’s dining room table, and I just think these would look so good next to it.
- This crumb cake that I put in the picture above is everything I want in a an indulgent breakfast food! I made two of these last week (sans the fruit filling), one to take to the mountains and one to leave with Danny for the weekend. There is still a precious little bit left, and I can’t wait to enjoy the last remnants!
- And last but not least, my retail crush of the week is this gorgeous blue and white dress. The colors are so classic, and it looks far more expensive than it is, which is always a plus!
That’s it for this week, let me know what you think in the comments. I love to hear people’s thoughts on the links I share!