It was a big week this week! Marriage equality for all and my internet is exploding with rainbow color everything and I couldn’t be happier about it. That has been the big excitement for this week, which has otherwise been a blur of flashcards and practice questions #hurryupJuly29!
The Bar exam is getting pretty close…exactly 4 weeks to go which feels like nothing at all! I can almost taste the celebratory beer and envision having time to do the 500 DIY projects I have dreamed up for the new apartment. This week I discovered a little technique called pickling wood and I think Danny’s head may explode if he has to smile and nod as I tell him one more piece of furniture that we need to sand down and refinish after the bar. Mercifully, I have kept my equally obsessive chalk painting ideas to myself to spare him.
In honor of this weekends patriotic celebrations, I wanted to start off my round-up with one of my favorite Buzzfeed articles from this week that displays some particularly un-patriotic (and uninformed) messages from America’s fine citizens. News flash: moving to Canada is not going to help you if marriage equality is somehow so devastating for you. Moving on to the rest of the list….
- Norwegian brown cheese. Have you ever heard of it? Neither had I until I dated Danny. Danny was one of the pickier eaters I had ever known when I first met him (that has thankfully changed!), so imagine my surprise when I asked him what his favorite food was and he said “Norwegian goat cheese on a toasted English muffin.” …come again? Since, I have discovered that it is absolutely DIVINE cheese that comes in little blocks, needs to be sliced thin, and is the color of peanut butter. It is also getting a lot easier to come by at regular ol’ grocery stores.
- This article cracked me up! He also hits on a serious point…why are women advertised to like this? It’s ridiculous. I have always wondered what exactly makes Luna bars “for women”…and don’t get me started on how unsatisfying those mini Fiber One brownies are. Puh-lease!
- I am obsessed with this dress… I want you, I need you, oh baby, oh baby! Anyone know that movie?! Such a classic and versatile piece that isn’t going to go out of style anytime soon!
- My favorite quiz for the week (shockingly, it doesn’t revolve around Harry Potter either!). I got Marta…”You are inquisitive, smart, and gentle. You’re innocent and you’re not afraid to embrace your youth.” Not completely off the mark. I absolutely love The Sound of Music…just this week I subjected Danny to some of my study break DJing, and a few tracks may have slipped in.
- And finally, the dessert I have decided to make for a Fourth of July picnic….how incredible do these look?! A fair number of steps, but mostly made of kitchen staples which means no mega grocery trip between me and a batch.
Until next time!