Hi all! Thank’s for stopping by for another midweek roundup of all my favorite finds from this week/things I randomly thought about while writing! Every week I promise myself that I will do better at squirreling away all of the article I read and love that week so I have great content come Wednesday, and yet every Tuesday night find me desperately trying to remember what that article I was laughing about was called, or where I saw that dress I loved. Oh well, one day I will learn.
Despite my lack of planning, I think this week’s roundup came together prettttyyy nicely. If I do say so myself. Then again, it is my list, so I’m not sure how qualified I am to endorse it…
- This article was so interesting to me! I love reading about studies that discuss why people end up with who they end up with. I don’t know why it fascinates me so much, but when Erin of Her Heartland and Soul posted this on Saturday, I took the time to read it from start to finish…a feat for me! It makes perfect sense, but is very interesting to think about. Danny and I were never really friends before we started dating, so we fall into that camp. But it is interesting to think about couples you know that have the friends first dynamic!
- When I first found my apartment for next year, my mom introduced me to Houzz.com and I have been meaning to share it on here ever since! It is seriously addicting and will definitely make you want #allthethings.
- Although I often proclaim myself a dog lady, that doesn’t mean I don’t have a soft spot for cats. Although Danny doesn’t know it yet, we will totally have a cat one day. Lucky for me, he has a soft spot for animals generally, so I am fairly certain I can convince him. He also loves my family’s cat, Luna, so hopefully I can work that angle to my advantage. I grew up with cats, and I loved reading this article about them. Part of what I love about cats is how independent and unpredictable they are. Dogs are amazing, but cats are just so interesting to have hanging around.
- Calling all donut lovers! Did you know that at certain Krispy Kreme locations this Friday you can get a dozen donut for 78 cents in celebration of their birthday?! This is not a drill!
- Speaking of drills and things that are not them, this. I am an amazon addict. I even use it to order my dog’s food right to my door (it’s cheaper than at the store!). This is something I have a reminder set for on my phone. That puts it in pretty darn important territory in Taylor world.
- A pie I would probably never order but now desperately want to make, all thanks to a great story that is well worth the read. Well, maybe I would have ordered it. It would be the sour cream and not the raisins that would deter me. I am one of those people who is sad when what they thought was an oatmeal raisin cookie turns out to be chocolate chip, also known as crazy to many people. Also, I love it when stories point out how small the world is. Speaking of small worlds, I just saw on Facebook today that my cousin from Orlando had put up a picture, and one of my old coworkers from the UNC Student Stores had liked it…what the what? I love things like that.
- And finally, the piece I am lusting after this week…This sweatshirt. I have actually been lusting after this since before Christmas. I dropped several hint to Danny, telling him how much I wanted it and that if I had it I “would never take it off and wear it everywhere,” but sadly it never ended up in my closet. Writing it out, I probably shot myself in the foot with that one. Me telling him that may be exactly why I never got it. Shoulda kept my mouth shut haha!